These past few weekends have really helped me get a few new recipes in. I think I like to tell you all that we have company over when I post these because I don’t want you to think I eat this way all the time. Good news is, these triple berry trifles are at least a semi-healthy dessert. It’s light and refreshing and the operative word lately…easy. Great to have ready for the 4th of July too!
So easy. Oh and it has a little condensed milk topping. It’s totally optional, but I figured, why not? Who doesn’t love sweetened condensed milk? Side note, I had to google the difference between a Trifle and Parfait. Just in case you were wondering too, a trifle has cake in it and a parfait does not. Learn something new every day…huh? I probably typed parfait about a thousand times when trying to describe this treat.
- 4 cups chopped angel food cake
- 4 cup macerated berries (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Pudding mix
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar (additional for macerating)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk for Drizzle
- To Macerate Berries:
- Add sliced berries to a bowl and add 1 - 2 tbsp of granulated sugar. Mix and let stand until ready to use.
- To make Whipped Cream (enough for 4-6 trifles):
- In a stand mixer, pour heavy whipping cream, vanilla pudding mix and granulated sugar. With whisk attachment, beat on med-high for approximately 5 minutes or until whipped.
- To assemble Trifle-
- Put ½ cup of angel food cake in bottom of glass.
- Drizzle ½ cup of berries on top of cake.
- Top with a couple dollops of whipped cream.
- Repeat above sequence once more and drizzle with condensed milk.