As you know, I’m a part of this wonderfully fun thing called the Secret Recipe Club. It is SOOOOO much fun. I love searching other bloggers pages to see what fun recipes and ideas they have. I was lucky enough this month to get Erin with The Spiffy Cookie. I was really excited to get her because we’ve been a member of a lot of the same blogger groups for some time and I see a lot of her recipes here and there. I also learned that she is originally a Texan, so I liked that about her! She has A LOT of amazing recipes hanging out on her page. It was really really difficult to decide what to make. I thought about doing something with yeast like these Pretzel Rolls, which sound amazing to go on a burger! Maybe pair that with the Mango Lassi for dessert? Yes, please!
The one I was drawn to the most was her breakfast portion. I came across the Breakfast Grilled Cheese, which combines 2 of my favorite types of meals and BINGO! you guys, if you like breakfast and dinner combined, you NEED to check out the Breakfast at Tiffany’s Burger. Holy wow! Anyways, I saw the idea and concept for The Breakfast Grilled Cheese and put my own spin on hers. However, you may want to do what she did and put it on a bagel, yum! This sandwich was fantastic, I had it for Brinner. I am going to definitely make my way through some more of her recipes as well soon!
Make sure to check out some of the other recipes from the Secret Recipe Club today!
- 2 pieces of cooked bacon
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 wedge laughing cow cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of salted butter
- 2 slices of swiss cheese
- 2 pieces of toast
- sliced avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and laughing cow cheese.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
- Pour egg in skillet and scramble. Slowly shape it in the form of a square or rough circle.
- Once egg is cooked through, remove to plate and wipe out skillet.
- Assemble sandwich on cutting board. Toast, 1 piece of swiss cheese, add egg patty, bacon, avocado and top with the remaining piece of swiss cheese. Top with other slice of toast.
- In the same small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and place sandwich in skillet. Allow to toast through then melt remaining butter and flip the sandwich (VERY carefully if you don't want a scrambled sandwich :-)).
- Once completely toasted on both sides, remove from skillet and serve.