Happy almost Friday friends! It’s been a doozy of a past couple weeks, fun but non-stop. Literally haven’t really had a night at home to just sit and catch up on my shows in a two weeks. Between birthdays, work, travelling and tennis I’m running myself tired, but its worth it. Next week will be better.
Kirkley turned 2 last week. I have no idea how that happened either, but it did without my permission. I’ll play catch up on pictures later when I have a moment to breathe. Here’s a gif from her birthday party that Doug created from my father in laws pictures.
This weekend we’re heading to the legendary Jazz Fest in New Orleans. I am beyond excited. We’re going with some friends and my sweet cousin and fiancé are opening up their home for us to crash a mile away from the festival. Bring on Bruce Springsteen, Foster the People and Better than Ezra. Oh, and my favorite place for the most amazing shrimp and grits you will ever taste, Mr. B’s. I am also secretly hoping to run into one of my favorite bloggers ever, Joy The Baker, who just moved there.
By the way, in case you missed it, did you see that Pioneer Woman took her daughters on a college tour of the motherland? Super exciting!
Really all I meant to do on this post since I haven’t had time to cook even an egg hardly is share some yummy recipes I’ve bookmarked and seen from my friends or blogs I follow. Particularly delicious Cinco de Mayo themed recipes.
- 40 Quick Fix Mexican Recipes from Add A Pinch – everything on here looks and sounds amazing!
- Homemade Beef Empanadas from Eat.Live.Run. – I really want to try to make these. They don’t sound as intimidating as I’ve always thought they would be.
- Pineapple Mint Julips from How Sweet It Is – Nope. Not Mexican, but how flipping amazing do those sound and look?!
- Crock Pot Cuban Nachos with light nacho cheese from Iowa Girl Eats- I have these bookmarked to make ASAP. Healthier, easy and crazy good. Check check check.
- Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas from my friend at Tara’s Multi Cultural Table – These are my favorite kind of enchiladas, I can’t wait to give them a shot!
- 50 Cinco De Mayo Recipes from Julie’s Eats and Treats – Some really delicious looking recipes. Definitely some keepers!
One last notable exciting thing. Two of my very favorite bloggers have cookbooks coming out this fall and have been made available for preorder! I know they’re both a long way off, but if you order now you will get a fun surprise in the mail when they come out and not have to worry about it then.
- How Sweet It Is will be coming out in August. She has some of the most creative and tasty recipes ever. I cannot wait to see what she has in her cookbook! There is a sneak peek of one of the recipes from the other day with these Chipoltle Lime Shrimp Tacos with Strawberry salsa. YUMMMMM. Pre Order her book here.
- Of course for the healthier meal options SkinnyTaste also has hers coming out in October. I have both on pre-order. I always love her low-calorie dinner options. They are usually quick, easy and taste fantastic. Pre Order her book here.
Have a great weekend everyone! One last Kirkley pic because this post is way too picture free.