Because it’s Friday, and I have not provided the type of information you need this week in the kitchen department…you will get my “random ramblings” post. And you will love it. (maybe).
1. I was inspired by Kevin and Amanda (another great blog you should read) to get a very versatile lens for my camera. I came across this wonderful quick photography tutorial…because I am always wanting to get better and better at it. In it, it mentions the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 lens and how fabulous it is…so I got it. And I am so glad that I did. It takes some great shots, and hopefully I will one day find the attention span to sit down and actually really learn all of the settings on my camera. I’m making it for now.
2. It’s nice to have other friends who blog. Blogging is hard hard work, you don’t realize just how hard until you are so far in. Then it becomes addicting. One of my friends from Marshall, Brooke, has a very entertaining blog. Brooke was one of the many inspirations for me to start Caleigh’s Kitchen.
Her blog is all about her cute little family, thoughts on motherhood (very honest thoughts) and her take or input on other departments in life. Sometimes very light hearted posts, and other times the “I need a tissue to finish this one” type posts. She also has another blog where she makes Pioneer Womans recipes and reviews them. Love the blog title “Stir, Mix Alot” She is great, definitely check her out. (hopefully she doesn’t care that I borrowed her picture from her blog)
3. After much hemming and hawing (from me), I have decided to make a Caleigh’s kitchen twitter. In the past, I had just used my personal account. Mainly because I very seldom get on twitter. I just don’t find it as effective or entertaining as facebook. I am going to give it a shot though, see what happens, and try and keep it updated. So make sure you go and follow me on twitter. Now. @caleighskitchen Because right now I have one tweet, and one follower…and that is me.
4. We attempted to go to a local art festival in Longview, TX this past weekend. We got up and went Sunday with intent to stay and walk around a while. FAIL. It was like 100 million degrees, because it is June and we are in Texas. They did have a really great kids section, full of water ballon fights, artsy activities including painting a little love bug.
I felt bad for the poor vendors that were out there enduring the heat. This guy just gave up all hope of having a sale:
Also, this is Doug’s concentration face, always with is tongue out. Makes me laugh, he has no idea he does it.
5. I’m going to be honest, my thoughts are slowing down and what I like to call “Friday brain” is kicking in. This post is already becoming hard to stick with anyways, I am sure. Be prepared for me to share something really really amazing this weekend. It will happen. I will taste it, then I must get it out of my house, immediately. If you are close by, and want a taste, let me know. I am fairly certain it will be crazy good. I am scared. (there is about a 3.5% chance I could mess up and it end up in the trash…but highly unlikely. I just wanted to warn you in case it falls through.)
6. Have a great weekend! Any amazing fun plans for your weekend?