It’s really hard to find decent seafood in the town I live in. Recently, our local grocery store started to remodel and up the inventory quality and quantity. They FINALLY got jumbo lump crab meat. Like, the real stuff not that orange stick stuff. I’ve been dying to try and recreate an appetizer from one of our favorite restaurants nearby and finally got the opportunity. I modified it a little bit and turned it into an actual salad, but I must say it turned out pretty darn good. Really, it’s pretty hard to go wrong with a combination of crab and avocado.
This creation came at the perfect time, I have been spending WAY too much time baking cookies, cupcakes and other sweets. Plus all this crazy weather we’ve been getting in Texas (we were IN a tornado! It was a EF-1, but still a tornado went over our house!), I needed something super easy to make for dinner Monday night. The other major plus to this, it’s SUPER high in protein, low in calories and you get some of the good fats in from the avocado. I had no idea how protein filled crab was until I did the nutrition calculator on this one. Plus, this literally took me 5 minutes to make. Win. Win. Win. Add this to your weeknight dinner this week, you won’t regret it!
**Also if you’re a fellow food blogger, please don’t forget to go back one post and link up with my Try a Bite Tuesday! Open through the end of the week!
- 1 whole ripe Avocado
- 8 Oz Wild Caught Jumbo Lump Crab Meat (drained)
- Dash Garlic Salt
- 2 cups field green lettuce mix
- 5 grape tomatoes
- Balsamic Drizzle
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add jumbo lump crab and stir well until avocado has completely coated crab meat. Sprinkle a couple dashes of Garlic salt and stir well.
- On a salad plate, put down lettuce mix and halve the grape tomatoes on salad. Put a scoop or two of the crab and avocado mixture in the middle.
- Drizzle the top of the salad and crab mixture with a high quality balsamic vinegar to your liking.
- Serve immediately.