4 years and 3 days ago I decided to start a blog. Mainly because I would post everything I made on facebook and was always asked for recipes. I really enjoyed blogging, I’ve not been consistent or ever present but I still enjoy it. I’ve let it overwhelm me a bit much and feel as though anything I post has to be perfect with perfect pictures and original recipes. Plus, I’ve had quite a few major life events in the past 4 years. Ideally I just want a place to be a creative outlet and document my life, because Lord knows scrapbooking takes WAY too much time :-).
I had a similar revelation and post about a year ago. Speaking of, my child grew fast in a year! Guess I just am not that great at keeping up. I am going to go ahead and use the…we’re building a house excuse. We’re almost done at that, and I cannot wait to get in! I keep telling myself once we’re in, I’m picking back up the food posts. It’s been a little busy for us lately :-).
In case you don’t follow on instagram, we broke ground in October of last year and are about 3 weeks out I’d say. Hopefully less, but I know this is the time that it’s hard to get those last details done. I’ll try and do an “official” tour once it’s all done with better pictures, but for now here are a couple in fast forward mode.
Our lot “before” (really this is with quite a bit cleared):
Day one of bulldozing:
I was amazed at how young some of the sub contractors were…
Before the slab was poured:
Fast forward a few months and we’re super close! Since this picture, the shutters have been put on and sidewalk poured.
Lastly a sneaker inside to one of my favorite parts! The mantle isn’t stained yet, but I love our fireplace!
When I have more time I’ll give more of a step by step process update and hopefully soon a full tour of the inside!
I’ll leave you for now with some of the things I’ve bookmarked this week:
- Some nights it takes me forever to fall asleep, I keep meaning to try this trick out on how to fall asleep fast.
- Anytime I have leftover pizza, I usually try and use the oven to reheat it. This tip sounds much quicker!
- I have an obsession with a king cake from a local bakery but I really want to try to make my own. Joy The Bakers version looks amazing! I’d really like to give it a go this weekend.
- Or these from Tara! Donuts that don’t require yeast (I’m not the most patient when it comes to waiting).
- I’d really like to try to do this next month. 30 day Minimalist challenge.
- I made this for a quick and easy dinner the other night. No idea why I’ve never thought to add avocado to an egg in a hole. It was so simple and delicious!
- I also love spaghetti squash, it helps me steer clear of gluten and in my opinion it tastes wonderful. I really want to try this spaghetti squash lasagna soon.
- Lately, I’ve been really into essential oils, which I’ll try and post about later. I am bookmarking this recipe for summertime bug bites- All purpose healing stick
- Also, all you TEACHERS out there…one of the ladies I play tennis with is a retired teacher. She has a blog with a ton of great ideas and resources! Check it out!
There were quite a few more bookmarked this week, but that would make this post go on forever. Have a good weekend!